Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Mitt Romney or Newt Gingrich: A Liberal's Perspective on the Current State of Republicanism.

THE RUNDOWN: As someone who likes neither Newt Gingrich or Mitt Romney, I have been watching the Republican debates with a philosophical eye, and this is my opinion on what I think is happening in their party:

It seems like the hardcore conservatives are voting for Newt Gingrich. And, It seems Romney is nearly as distrusted by the conservative base as much as President Obama. I don't blame them. Mitt Romney reminds me of an actor trying to portray a conservative politician, rather than actually being a traditional conservative. But don't get me wrong, I wouldn't vote for either Gingrich OR Romney. I support a leader that supports the middle-class over the rich. In other words, President Obama.

---End of Transmission---

1 comment:

Truth 101 said...

Good to see you posting again HBW.