Monday, October 19, 2009

Obama Administration Won't Encourage Medicinal Marijuana Arrests.

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Obama administration will not seek to arrest medical marijuana users and suppliers as long as they conform to state laws, under new policy guidelines to be sent to federal prosecutors Monday. Two Justice Department officials described the new policy to The Associated Press, saying prosecutors will be told it is not a good use of their time to arrest people who use or provide medical marijuana in strict compliance with state laws.

TPJ: It's about time that the federal government obey the 10th amendment by ending the intrusion in the affairs of states who have legally and democratically voted for legalizing the use of marijuana for medicinal purposes. It's also time to end the stigma that medicinal marijuana users are just recreational smokers who are looking for a way around the law. Marijuana does things for people that other medications do not do. For example, a lot of people can't take heavy pain medications like Vicodin due to the effects on the stomach. Personally I can take a traditional, doctor recommended prescription of Vicodin or Percocet and have to endure constant nausea, vomiting and lack of appetite. Yet I can smoke some marijuana and feel pain relief without ANY and I mean ANY of those stomach problems associated with the traditional painkillers. In fact, pot stimulates my appetite, which is vital when you're sick or recovering from a surgery.

As many of you know I take 8--yes, EIGHT different medications to somewhat manage a psychological brain disorder called schizoaffective Disorder. Basically it is Bipolar plus some symptoms of schizophrenia though they aren't as pronounced or debilitating as in full-blown schizophrenia. Anyway, on the bipolar side of the equation I often unexpectedly swing down into a deep depression, which quickly drops deeper into suicidal depression. Yet despite all of the traditional drugs I take not a one can pull me quickly out of a suicidal state like marijuana does. I can go from sobbing tears, quivering, balled up on the couch and wanting to die to stabilized, calm and happy within a matter of two-three draws of pot. The same goes for regular depression when I can't seem to get myself out of a hole to stop thinking horrible, discouraging thoughts. Upon smoking my outlook on life improves and these positive effects last well after the effects of marijuana decrease. And now there is a device called a "vaperizor" that turns the pot into a mist instead of smoke so it's much, much easier on your lungs. Though even traditional smoking doesn't seem to cause the same problems as tobacco. Probably in part because pot smokers don't usually smoke as much as tobacco smokers do.

It's like the pot acts as the coast guard picking me up from sinking into the dangerous waters of mental breakdown and places me back on shore. The smoking pulls me up out of the water of depression while dropping me off after the effects wears off in a place of safety so I can take it from there. The same goes for when i get really angry from being manic--It calms me faster than my prescribed tranquilizers do!! It gives me breathing room and emergency power to build upon for returning to a more stabilized place. You can't tell me that marijuana doesn't have positive, medicinal, literally life-saving properties because I've lived it. I know what it does for me and it's easier on my body than most of the prescription drugs I take for my mental illness!! I can't tell you how many times pot has literally save my life and kept me out of the mental hospital.

If I stop taking my pills I get the shakes and often vomit--nice, huh? Especially for so-called "approved drugs!!" Pot on the other hand can be used once a day or once a week and you won't get shaky or withdrawals if you don't smoke it daily. So isn't it weird that the so-called "approved" drugs are harder on your body than an herbal medicine that has been naturally growing on Earth for ages? Wouldn't it be ironic if there was a "God" and he purposely put pot here to help us medicinally, psychologically and spiritually? And here we are arresting people for seeking relief from this miracle medicine!! Sounds like something we stupid humans would do. That said, medicinal marijuana is NOT advised for everyone just like taking certain other legal drugs aren't advised for some.

It's time to STOP arresting sick people who are wasting away simply because they find some relief in marijuana. We also need to be looking at how we classify and approach recreational use. I think the evidence is clear at this point that marijuana is the least harmful drug out of: Alcohol, tobacco, cocaine/crack, heroin and meth. Keeping pot illegal makes no sense and even many in law enforcement and judges agree. Investigating and arresting otherwise lawful citizens for smoking pot is a waste of police time and resources that should be used to fight meth, which is a REAL drug and a REAL problem. And/or use those resources to investigate and arrest child abusers. We live in a backwards country when someone can be thrown in prison for growing a plant longer than sex offender!!

---End of Transmission---

6 comments:

libhom said...

The feds should be going after banksters and brokesters, not pot smokers.

Handsome B. Wonderful said...

You're spot on Libhom. Thanks for adding that point. Go after the REAL bad guys and get off the backs of the average American just trying to make it through the day.

Hack yahoo said...

Simply http://www.rayahari.net/how-to-hack-facebook-passwords.php is the great service I've ever seen to learn hacking facebook passwords. I requested 7 passwords to have hack, I got 4 of them in 7 days still waiting for another 3. Service of RayaHari.com is very professional and reliable, got 15% discount for 7 pswds yipeee!! Thanks RayaHari.com Thanks for how to hack into facebook accounts :)

BTW, I found another website that can hack yahoo passwords and other one specialized in hack into hotmail passwords.

Diane Calhoun, Lincoln

England

Hack yahoo said...

how to hack Yahoo - Hack Comcast for FREE

hack MSN passwords

hack Yahoo password

Hack yahoo said...

http://www.activehacker.info/how-to-hack-yahoo-password.php is great hacking service! Thanks to ActiveHackers.com for giving me the hotmail password. I will use how to hack hotmail hacking service again. These guys are fast, professional, and trustworthy! My order was ready within 2 days of request, and I received the my husband's email account password an hour after sending my Paypal payment! Thank you Thank you! WOW fast and efficient. VERY impressed with hack into hotmail account service, I hope that I will have to use ActiveHackers.com but it is good to know it is available

BTW, I found another website that can hack yahoo passwords and other one specialized in hack into hotmail passwords.

Diane Calhoun, New York

US

Hacker said...

Your satisfaction is assured through our no risk moneyback guarantee! If for any reason, you aren't thrilled and satisfied with the Learn How to Hack package, just contact us within 7-days and we'll refund your money. learn how to hack