eyeglasses, polyester, and birth control.
9. Heterosexual marriage has been around a
long time and hasn't changed at all; women are
property, blacks can't marry whites, and
divorce is illegal.
8. Gay marriage should be decided by the
people, not the courts, because majority-elected
legislatures, not courts, have historically
protected the rights of the minorities.
7. Gay marriage is not supported by religion.
In a theocracy like ours, the values of one
religion are imposed on the entire country. That's why
we have only one religion in America.
6. Legalizing gay marriage will open the door
to all kinds of crazy behavior. People may even
wish to marry their pets because a dog has legal
standing and can sign a marriage contract.
5. Children can never succeed without a male
and a female role model at home. That's why
single parents are forbidden to raise children.
4. Gay marriage will change the foundation of
society. Heterosexual marriage has been
around for a long time, and we could never adapt to
new social norms because we haven't adapted to
things like cars or longer life spans.
3. Heterosexual marriages are valid because
they produce children. Infertile couples and old
people can't legally get married because the
world needs more children.
2. Civil unions, providing most of the same
benefits as marriage with a different name are
better, because a "seperate but equal"
institution is always constitutional. Separate
schools for African-Americans worked just as
well as separate marriages for gays and lesbians
1. Obviously, gay parents will raise gay
children, since straight parents only raise
---End of Transmission---