Monday, December 10, 2007

Our President's Dumb Blond Press Secretary

It's only fitting that one of the dumbest presidents ever has a dumb blond for his press secretary, Dana Perino:

During a White House briefing, a reporter referred to the Cuban Missile Crisis -- and she didn't know what it was.

"I was panicked a bit because I really don't know about . . . the Cuban Missile Crisis," said Perino, who at 35 was born about a decade after the 1962 U.S.-Soviet nuclear showdown. "It had to do with Cuba and missiles, I'm pretty sure."

So she consulted her best source. "I came home and I asked my husband," she recalled. "I said, 'Wasn't that like the Bay of Pigs thing?' And he said, 'Oh, Dana.' "

GOI: And if you hear the sound bite of her talking about it on NPR she is laughing like it's "cute" or something. Since when did it become "cool" to be dumb??? It appears that a qualification for working in the Bush administration is to have failed history. This one really irks me because I have a history degree and it plays into this narrative that this administration doesn't bother to look into history before doing things. Give you an example? I'll give you a hit, it starts with "I" and ends with a "Q." And it rhymes with "attack."

It is also a reminder that our kids aren't being taught adequate history, geography and civics classes. It seems that these subjects are being cut and otherwise de-emphasized. When Bush hears the word, "history" be probably responds, "Who's story? The only story I know is My Pet Goat."

---End of Transmission---

6 comments:

Scarlet said...

Fuck. Just when I think it can't get any worse. I want my house back. Don't we still own the White House? Get the idiots out.

about jenji said...

What more can we expect from an administration run by a rambling, phonetically driven fool?

this might interest you from my blog.

http://jenjiworld.blogspot.com/2007/05/grammar-101.html

sorry I couldn't link it...my link option is not working for some reason tonight.

you have great posts btw.

be well,
jenji

fashiongirl said...

Well you know the old adage, "Never hire anyone smarter than you.". I guess that's why Ann Coulter didn't get the job.

Lynne said...

She is not even smart enough to come up with a good excuse for her ignorance.
Unbelievable.

T&A said...

Yup. she's dumb...
Sorry, but if you don't know what the Cuban Missile Crisis or the Bay of Pigs were, you don't get to be the press secretary! Of course her boss probably doesn't even know what those are either....

James said...

Scarlet:

I thought we owned the White House too. I'm just waiting for the giant, neon Halliburton sign to go up on the roof.

Jenji:

Great post that you linked. Yeah, this country seems to be getting dumber and dumber.

Fashion Girl:

Well then no wonder we have so many idiots in this administration. Bush isn't even smarter then a 5th grader.

Lynne:

Yeah she just laughs it off like knowing such a major event isn't important. I mean, we nearly engaged in mutual assured nuclear destruction!!!

T&A:

I agree. I think our presidential candidates should have to take a history test before they can run. A science test wouldn't be a bad idea either.