But during her husband's two terms in the White House, Clinton did not hold a security clearance. She did not attend National Security Council meetings. She was not given a copy of the president's daily intelligence briefing. And during one of President Bill Clinton's major tests on terrorism, whether to bomb Afghanistan and Sudan in 1998, she was barely speaking to her husband, let alone advising him, as the Monica Lewinsky scandal played out.
This would all be well and good if we were electing a First Lady.
GOI: In fact, even in the senate she doesn't have much experience either. She hasn't been the author of any major piece of legislation in her congressional career whereas Obama accomplished much more during his time in the Illinois state senate. He worked with Democrats and Republicans alike to pass legislation to reform ethics standards and health care in Illinois. He worked on laws to increase tax credits for lower income folks and welfare reform. He helped make the first campaign finance reform law in Illinois in 25 years. In addition he aided in passing the states first racial profiling law. Further, he was very influential in working with law enforcement on death penalty reform.
So what about Hillary's record, well she voted for the PATRIOT act for one and of the twenty bills that she passed, fifteen were merely symbolic in nature.To make matters worse she voted to allow Bush to implement his invasion and occupation of Iraq. Sure she sits on several committees but she basically just a "bench warmer." Here is a list of the stellar, Earth shattering, revolutionary bills that she helped pass:
• Establish the Kate Mullany National Historic Site
• Support the goals and ideals of Better Hearing and Speech Month
• Recognize the Ellis Island Medal of Honor
• Name courthouse after Thurgood Marshall
• Name courthouse after James L. Watson
• Name post office after John A. O'Shea
• Designate August 7, 2003, as National Purple Heart Recognition Day
• Support the goals and ideals of National Purple Heart Recognition Day
• Honor the life and legacy of Alexander Hamilton on the bicentennial of his death
• Congratulate the Syracuse University Orange Men's Lacrosse Team on winning the championship.
• Congratulate the Le Moyne College Dolphins Men's Lacrosse Team on winning the championship
• Establish the 225th Anniversary of the American Revolution Commemorative Program
• Name post office after Sergeant Riayan A. Tejeda
• Honor Shirley Chisholm for her service to the nation and express condolences on her death
• Honor John J. Downing, Brian Fahey, and Harry Ford, firefighters who lost their lives on duty.Now here are the few major bills that she passed:
• Extend period of unemployment assistance to victims of 9/11
• Pay for city projects in response to 9/11
• Assist landmine victims in other countries
• Assist family caregivers in accessing affordable respite care
• Designate part of the National Forest System in Puerto Rico as protected in the Wilderness Preservation SystemAll this being said, the fact of the matter is that no amount of experience will prepare you for the awesome nature of the American presidency. I would rather go with someone who represents change, youth and hope then a tired, recycled, polarizing Clintonite.
In other news, check out this Christmas video from American presidential candidate Mike Gravel, talk about weird!! It looks like these guys all took some LSD and filmed a commercial.
---End of Transmission---