Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Candidates Quiz

Over at http://www.selectsmart.com/plus/select.php?url=08frontrunners you can take a quiz that will supposedly tell you the candidates with whom your politics most closely align. Here are my results (Special thanks to Snave for the quote and for pointing this out):

(100%) 1: Sen. Russ Feingold (D)
(97%) 2: Rep. Dennis Kucinich (D) Information
(89%) 3: Ex-Gen. Wesley Clark (D) Information
(89%) 4: Sen. John Kerry (D) Information
(85%) 5: Sen. Joseph Biden (D) Information
(81%) 6: Ex-Sen. John Edwards (D) Information
(81%) 7: Ex-VP Al Gore (D) Information
(79%) 8: Sen. Christopher Dodd (D) Information
(75%) 9: Gov. Tom Vilsack (D) Information
(73%) 10: Sen. Hillary Clinton (D) Information
(71%) 11: Gov. Bill Richardson (D) Information
(63%) 12: Gov. Mitt Romney (R) Information
(61%) 13: Ex-Gov. Mark Warner (D) Information
(59%) 14: Sen. Evan Bayh (D) Information
(55%) 15: Ex-Mayor Rudy Giuliani (R) Information
(55%) 16: Gov. George Pataki (R) Information
(46%) 17: Gov. Mike Huckabee (R) Information
(42%) 18: Ex-Rep. Newt Gingrich (R) Information
(38%) 19: Sec. Condoleezza Rice (R) Information
(38%) 20: Sen. Majority Leader Bill Frist (R) Information
(32%) 21: Rep. Tom Tancredo (R) Information
(32%) 22: Sen. George Allen (R) Information
(32%) 23: Sen. John McCain (R) Information
(22%) 24: Sen. Chuck Hagel (R) Information
(22%) 25: Sen. Sam Brownback (R) Information

9 comments:

Lynne said...

Thanks for that link. I had to take it too, and Feingold was my 100% also.

Kvatch said...

But James...have you noticed how Sam Brownback of KS is last on the list no matter how you answer. I commented on Snave's site that Brownback was like some kind of "control" candidate--a wacko of last resort.

No Blood for Hubris said...

My results were Kucinich, Gore, then Feingold.

My wish is for Gore/Clark.

james said...

Lynne:

Yw.

Kvatch:

Brownback makes me wake up in shivers at night.

NBFH:

I really dig Kucinich. I like your ticket although I'd probably go with Gore/Obama.

Anonymous said...

I completely agree that Senator Obama is too young, being that he is only two years into the Senate. I think that in 2012 or 2016 he could make a great candidate, however, for 2008 the obvious choice for Obama supporters who think he is just two inexperienced is Senator Evan Bayh Of Indiana. Senator Bayh is a former Seceratary Of State in Indiana as well as a two term governor. He is the youngest governor in state history. He strongly opposes all of the negative advertising from many candidates and is for a "straight talk" Pro Bayh campaign. He is very Bayh/bi-partisan and middle of the road, much like President Clinton. Senator Bayh is extremely fiscally responsible, shows great international policies, is very smart and articulate, as well as that he drags a very conservative red region that could possibly make the difference in the general election. I am yet to start talking about his 21st Centuries Scholars program that gives all children a chance for a college scholorship as well as he has done much much more, he has the experience and leadership skills neccesary and I think he is a wise choice. If your interested there are some great clips and information on him on BayhPartisan.com; YouTube.com; as well on his Senatorial website.

james said...

Anon:

Yeah, I think Obama would be a great VP candidate for now.

pissed off patricia said...

Sadly, Feingold was too smart to run. Brownback scares me both physically and mentally. Feingold/Obama would have been one of my dream tickets. Gore/Clark works for me too. I just don't want to be forced to vote for Hillary.

Snave said...

My #1 guy was Feingold too, if I remember correctly. I agree with Kvatch, Brownback must be on the list as a kind of control. I blogged about Bayh in the not-too-distant past, and he seems like he might not be a bad candidate. I agree with PoP, Brownback is just plain scary. I think he could make an amusing GOP nominee, but my gawd, what if he won? Tromp tromp tromp tromp...

james said...

PoP:

I agree with your opinion on Hillary.

Snave:

There are a lot of attractive candidates in this go around. And Brownback is a nightmare candidate. Yeah, he would be amusing if he wasn't so frightening.