Sunday, May 07, 2006

Bush: Best Moment in Office Was Catching a Big Fish


BERLIN (Reuters) - U.S. President George W. Bush told a German newspaper his best moment in more than five years in office was catching a big perch in his own lake.

"You know, I've experienced many great moments and it's hard to name the best," Bush told weekly Bild am Sonntag when asked about his high point since becoming president in January 2001.

"I would say the best moment of all was when I caught a 7.5 pound (3.402 kilos) perch in my lake," he told the newspaper in an interview published on Sunday.

GOI: (sound of crickets chirping).

---End of Transmission---

4 comments:

PTCruiser said...

Wow, I would've guessed it would be a toss-up between:

1. Sending thousands of American troops to their deaths so that my buddies at Halliburton could get a no-bid contract to fix all the shit we destroyed.

or

2. Secretly wiretapping the American public without a warrant and then realizing I don't need to keep it a secret because I've got these idiots eating right out of my hand. Muahahahaha!

Oh wait, wrong laugh....heh heh heh heh. There, that's better.

I guess when you have that type of mental capacity, having shiny objects like fish dangled in front of your eyes are more enthralling than global destruction and spying on your own people.

Shaw Kenawe said...

Ha! You and I are on a roll!

Shaw Kenawe said...

Oh, and I thought you'd enjoy this:

see how three presidents answered the question "what was the best moment of your presidency?"

to summarize:

carter: the camp david negotiations

clinton: the resolution of the kosovo crisis

bush: that time i caught a big fish on my ranch


from: http://upyernoz.blogspot.com/2006/05/great-moments-in-history.html

james said...

PTCruiser:

Yeah those choices would be those of Cheney...the real man running the show. :)

You're right that Bush gets distracted by shiny objects and that's about as much as his brain can handle.

Shaw:

Yeah, W is far out of the league of Clinton or Carter. He's down in the toilet. I say we send him home to his ranch to catch fish as soon as possible.