Thursday, November 10, 2005

Just Another Day in Iraq

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - A suicide bomber blew himself up in a crowded Baghdad restaurant frequented by the security forces at breakfast time on Thursday, killing 35 people and wounding 25 in an attack claimed by al Qaeda in Iraq.

"Body parts are all over the place, we are still collecting them," a police officer at the scene said soon after the blast.

It was one of the biggest attacks in Baghdad in recent months and came a day after three hotel bombs in Jordan's capital, Amman, claimed by al Qaeda in Iraq, killed 56 people.

A car bomb at an army recruitment station in Tikrit, north of Baghdad, killed 10 people on Thursday and wounded 20 more.

---End of Transmission---

6 comments:

Isabella di Pesto said...

"See, we're fightin' them over there so we don't havta fight 'em over here." --GWBush

I guess he doesn't care how long the fightin' goes on, as long as it's killin' mostly brown people.

Underground Logician said...

Let me clarify...brown people who are Islamo-fascist. Then you would have it 'bout right, girl.

Underground Logician said...

Even greater clarification, Hezbollah, Al Qaida, et al. Al Zarqouwi and friends. All those "brown people" with nice Sahara tans who train in terrorist camps...yeah, those people.

Zen Unbound said...

Not that I am defending inferences that can be made from isabella's post, but, UL, the problem with what seems to be your prescription is that it just doesn't seem like we can kill our way out of this mess.

We need a Second Front to this war: Putting forward a good, compassionate, non-torturing America that will help to bring work, hope, meaning and happiness to a barren land where so very many young people see no future for themselves.

Isabella di Pesto said...

UL,

Wow! I didn't know you came here to post, too! Are you following me?????

UL,

Really. I like you. You do keep me on my toes. I don't like it when we're mad at each other.

You're smart. But wrong.

Uh-Oh!

Underground Logician said...

*LOL*

Dear Isabella, it may look like I am following you, but I have a blog route I usually follow. I like to poke around James' blog some. He's liberal, but cool. Also, I'm not mad at you. I just get fiesty at times. I'll swing by yours, the GWB to see what tripe he's serving; I hit Saurkraut's blog, and Polanco. I even get a kick out of the New World Odor.

I do enjoy it all. It keeps me on my toes, believe me!

Smart, but wrong? *ROTFL!!!!*

I love it!