Thursday, November 24, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving


I just wanted to make a quick post on this day of gratitude to show my thanks to the men and women who serve this country to make our great America possible.

My heart goes out to them and their families who have given so much for us.

I am also very greatful for this blog and those of you who read my crazy ranting and raving.

I hope that this day is a beautiful and peaceful day for us all.

As a historian I thought that I would set a few myths straight about the first Thanksgiving.

First, the pilgrims didn't wear the black clothing with buckles until the late 17th century and they didn't eat wild turkey but rather duck.

May we all suffer less and be more compassionate in this next year.

-Peace to all beings

4 comments:

Isabella di Pesto said...

Hey James,

I'm having roast duckling with raspberry sauce, wild rice, asparagas and carmelized onions for T-Day!

I didn't realize how historical a dinner this would be. I wondered if duck was on the table for that first Thanksgiving feast. It must have been, the ducks would have been plentiful.

Glad to hear I'm having an original Thanksgiving dinner.

Pumpkin pie for dessert.

And Champagne. I bet the Puritans didn't have that!

dbackdad said...

Peace to you as well, James.

james said...

Isabella:

Yeah you are right on the money! Except for the champagne of course. Hehe.

Wish I could drink champagne on T-day but my parents are Mormon and we were at their house so, their rules.

Oh well, It was still a nice time.

Glad you had a great day too!

Dbackdad:

Thank-you kindly

Zen Unbound said...

Trackback: This post is cited in Blogmandu, Roundup for Nov 21 - 27, 2005.