Tuesday, October 04, 2005

More Comments on Harriet Miers


(PHOTO: Bush and Miers on Bush's ranch. Extra credit: Fill in a caption for this photo. Mine? Bush points to sun while standing next to White House Council Harriet Miers saying, "warm").

GOI: Bush claims today that he has never asked her opinion on abortion rights.

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- President Bush said Tuesday he has never discussed abortion with White House counsel Harriet Miers, his nominee to fill the Supreme Court seat of Justice Sandra Day O'Connor.

"Not to my recollection have I ever sat down with her [to discuss abortion]," Bush said in his first solo press conference since May.

GOI: Suuuuuure!!

I am bothered about this nominee when she is described as so much of loyalist that she has been described as Bush's "work wife." Which makes her sound like she spends more time with him then his own WIFE!!

YIKES!!!!!

This is as close Bush could get to placing either himself or Cheney on the bench.

Also, Bush claims to still have political capital proving that he does not understand the concept that one can not spend capital while having a negative account. No wonder we have a ballooning deficit!!!

He said (Bush) he still believes he has "plenty" of political capital available among lawmakers and will use it to approve a budget that is "fiscally responsible."

---End the Nightmare PLEASE!!!---

14 comments:

crimnos said...

Political capital, my ass. What a moron.

Your caption also made me laugh out loud, a rarity for the Internet. I don't now, I had some joke about finding WMDs on his ranch, but I forgot it laughing.

Amadeus said...

Caption:

"Look! Protesters are shitting on my lawn. Can you go scoop it up Harri."

james said...

Amadeus:

Great caption!!!

james said...

Crimnos:

Glad I got a laugh out of ya!

crimnos said...

Caption:

Here we see Miers and Bush as they spot that most elusive of breeds, the fiscal conservative Republican. The specimen was later destroyed.

james said...

Crimnos:

Ha!! That's a good one. I especially like the end. Funny stuff.

Chris said...

Seeing how Bush only knows three issues, abortion being one of them, I find it hard to believe that he has never talked to her about abortion.

Bush's quote actually infuriates the right way more so than moderates or those on the left. The right wingers want someone who is vocal in their opinion on abortion. They feel it is their moral objective to have someone on the court who will defend their beliefs.

This is going to get real interesting.

I don't know if anyone on here has read George Will's latest op-ed, but he slams the president and his choice of Miers. That's big news. I have a post about it on my site.

Thanks James.

james said...

MJ:

Yeah, it is going to be very interesting to watch it all play out.

james said...

BTW, does ANYONE like Miers?? Seems like Republicans and Dem's alike do not like her. Although I don't know what to make of Harry Reid's positive comments on the lady.

crimnos said...

Sounds like Dobson does.

james said...

Crimnos:

Yeah, I'm starting to think that the "displeasure" of Republican pundits on the right is all a smoke screen.

They really actually like this lady because she is a fundamentalist evangelical. It is not out of the realm of possibilities that she would vote her religious views on the court.

Chris said...

I think people like her, just not as a Justice. I say let Reid sing her praises all day. That will really get the nutjobs going.

James said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
james said...

MJ:

Great point.