Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Recommendations Please

O.k., here's the deal. I have seen just about every comedy out there and I have seen them all too many times for them to be funny anymore. So, here's the challenge that I present to you dear friends and readers of mine. Please suggest a funny movie to me. Here is a list of the movies that I have seen (which are excellent mind you) a geugillion times: (By the way, I recommend ANY of these movies if you have not seen them yet).

-Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, The Big Lebowski, Half Baked, Up In Smoke, Election, The Full Monty, The Breakfast Club, Grosse Pointe Blank, Dumb and Dumber (and all other Jim Carrey movies), Big Trouble, All the Adam Sandler movies, Beavis and Butthead Do America, Austin Powers (and all other Mike Myers movies), Go, Lost In Translation, What About Bob (and the rest of Bill Murray movies) Jackie Brown, (and all other Quentin Tarantino flicks) Office Space, The Vacation movies, Night at the Roxbery, The Monty Python movies, Mr. Bean movie and episodes, Throw Mama From the Train, The South Park movie and episodes, How High, Blue Streak, O Brother Where Art Thou, Uncle Buck, Shanghai Noon and Knights, Swingers, Road Trip, Old School, Elf, Shrek 1 & 2, The Ladies Man, Cannon Ball Run 1&2, Ferris Beullor's Day Off, Tommy Boy (and all other Chris Farley movies), When Harry Met Sally, Blazing Saddles, Forget Paris, Ice Age, Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Snatch, Finding Nemo, Monsters Inc.,

That's all that I can think of for now. So, see if you can recommend a good comedy that I have not seen yet. Hehe.


---End of Transmission---

7 comments:

Kate said...

Delicatessen. A French film with an underground vegetarian league, it is bizarre and hilarious. Hmmm, a bit different to everything else on your list though ...

Or Spaced comedy series. British and ace.

Anonymous said...

YOu might want to try Big Trouble, Laws of Attraction, The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas (Dolly Parton, Burt Reynolds) Secondhand Lions, The Rundown, and the Whole Nine Yards & The Whole Ten Yards. just some suggestions from your neighborhood history geek ;-)

james said...

Kate: I love delicatessan!! Great movie. I'll have to check out the other recommendations, thanks!

Anon. History geek: Hmmm, all good choices. I have seen them all except, "The Rundown." Maybe I'll check that one out tonight.

Kitten said...

Anything with Monty Python, but in particular :The Holy Grail"

Also, my personal fave and obsession du jour.Aqua Teen Hunger Force!!
I see you have some new fans, james...!

Minega said...

I was just about to write 'Office space' but I see you've seen that one- I think only 'Snatch' is better in terms of laughs-per-second and quote value. Might want to try 'Dogma' although it got mixed reviews, I thoroughly enjoyed it plus everything else Kevin Smith has done.
PS: Thanks for posting comments on my blog and linking to me!

Meredith said...

Four Weddings and a Funeral.

I Love you James! I have been laughing all day...

Manica said...

Booty Call, National Lampoon's vacation series (corny but funny), Something about Mary, Try the first season of the British Sitcom The Office (best show on tv)