Monday, January 03, 2005

Mr. Bean, Sleepy Time Tea and My Guest Map

Anyone else like Mr. Bean?

I guess he is kind of silly but I find him absolutely hillarious. That being said, my sister-in-law received the Mr. Bean box set of DVD's from Christmas from her brother. Well, she did not even know about Mr. Bean and when the show was explained to her she did not really like the idea of it (she doesn't like British humor in general but I think its brilliant). Anyway, the long and short of it is that she just gave the wife and I this DVD box set!! Yey! So, last night we watched episode after episode of hilarity.

The atmosphere in the house was very relaxing I must say. We had candles burning all over the place and thus candle light was the only light we had going. By the end of the Mr. Bean marathon, however, my wife had fallen asleep and I was still trying to relax enough to go to sleep. I was nearly there but still a little keyed up from laughing so violently. So, I turned off the t.v. and the room fell into a blissful quietness once the last vestige of manufactured light flicked off. Two tea lights flickered on the t.v. hutch casting soft light and shadows onto our medium sized Buddha statue. I then put on some soft Indian music, sat down on my cushion and began to meditate. I had a lovely meditation session where I was at one with my breath and the music and with everything. With each breath I could feel the tension and stress of the day release and flow out of my body. I dedicated any merit gained from my meditation to those suffering from the Tsunami. I sent out as much love and peaceful support to all those survivors and their families as I could. It felt good to be able to do something for those poor people. Anyway, I stayed with the meditation for about 15-20 minutes and then got up and set about brewing myself a nice cup of tea.

I have this special tea that I like to drink at night when I need some help falling asleep. It is Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime Tea and it is wonderful in bringing about relaxation and serenity. I sat sipping my tea, listening to the soft music and watching the dim candle light cast shadows that danced a mesmorizing dance on the walls. After my second cup of tea a nice soft, gigantic and pillowly cloud came along and took me off into dreamland. It was a wonderful end to a wonderful evening and I thought I would share that with you all. By the way, I will take a picture of my wonderful Buddha statue and post it on here so you all can see. :)

I stole another idea from Kitten's blog (Thanks kitten). It's called a "Site Map" and it is a tool to see where you all are coming from through out the world. So, just click on the button and add your location to the map!! Make sure and put your name in the comment section for your marker to show up. I am excited to see where you all pop up!

Alright, I think that is all for now.
I am going to go work out at the gym for a bit and work off some of that Holiday Cheer!!
...hehe.


---End of Transmission---

6 comments:

Kitten said...

I think Mr. Bean is funny, but I tend to like all British humor. I love Monty Python and Benny Hill ...watch the BBC alot. I have Sleeptime every nite...I am an insomniac..it does help me relax a little.
Hope this year brings you much creativity!

Kate said...

LOVING the guestmap ... may have to steal it myself ... It'll be so cool when everyone's on there.

more anonymity said...

now call me a gimp, but I cant find the link to the site map??? enlighten me please as I like the idea!

james said...

Richard,

No worries. It is located at the very bottom of my menu/profile/index on the left of my blog. You should see a button that says "Click Here/Place your Pin" with a picture of a globe. Click on that button to access the map and to place your pin. For reference, there is also another button under that one that simply says, "Bravenet Guest Maps." Hope that helps.

James

Mathieu said...

Bonjour James,

You're the master for bringing forth the mood of a peaceful moment. I don't know if the victims of the Tsunami felt it (My family's over there now, in Phuket), but I certainly felt the peace of your meditation steal over me.

Thanks!

blownflower said...

This is a very nice post, thanks.
Found for myself some new details ..
мини отели спб