Thursday, January 13, 2005

The Guide


This is a Prairie Falcon and I saw one yesterday.

He was sitting right on top of the big Juniper hedge we have right off the front patio. Obviously there were no little birds anywhere to be seen or heard. I just sat quietly and watched this beautiful creature flap it's wings about and look around. My heart nearly stopped as I tried to remain still as to not spook it. It was only about 8-10ft. away from me through the window. Then after a few minutes it jumped up, flapped it's gorgeous wings and took off.

Wow!! What an amazing experience that was for me. Hawks/falcons are my main animal totem/guide/guardian and usually I see them a ways off. This time I was granted a "home visit." It was as if God stopped by to see how things were going with me. It was a blessing and a joy to see that falcon. Posted by Hello

3 comments:

Kitten said...

In a word "majestic".

tHANKS FOR THE GOOD WORDS, SWEETIE...MUCH APPRECIATED. i AM PRETTY SURE WE CAN NOW OFFICIALLY RULE OUT "wRATH OF kAHN PARASITE"..LOL

Mathieu said...

I see their French cousins sitting on fence posts along highways often, and I'm always happy to see them.

The best experience, tho, was flying in formation with one in a rising bubble of hot-air, with one of my radio-controlled gliders.

He or she saw me circling, and decided to share the wealth. We spiraled together for a few minutes, and then off they went to keep an eye on another part of their kingdom.

It was a wonderful moment.

james said...

That sounds like an awesome experience mon ami. I just love hawks and find so much comfort and joy in them. They truly are my guides. My next tattoo is going to be the hawk headed God Horus from ancient Egyptian spirituality.