Monday, January 24, 2005

Busted


Doesn't this picture just make you smile??

I love these little guys. They are so playful and smart. We don't have too many near our place but they are all over my parents backyard. They have two huge Cottonwood trees in which the squirrels run and jump around in. Just a little cheer since today is supposed to be the "most depressing day of the year." Although, I think that day came a few days ago for me with the inauguration of W.

Anyway, have a great day!

---End of Transmission--- Posted by Hello

4 comments:

Kitten said...

Oh, he is a cutie. But I have to tell you, James...squirrels around here best beware and stay clear of hubbys birdfeeders lest they find themselves skinned and hung to dry. Ern LOVES his birds...its an obbsession,,,we buy birdseed in 100 lb. bags different birds have different feeders...he tried giving the lil critters thier own feeders, but they still keep getting on the other ones! I think they are cute...but he says they are a nusiance...

Mathieu said...

Kawai!

We used to call them tree-rats in Massachusets.

They're still überkewt, tho...

kt said...

I have two friends who, separately, went into London parks to feed the squirrels with a bag of nuts. Each was set upon immediately by rabid rodents, running up their legs and tearing into the bag in the blink of an eye. Bag torn; nuts spill on ground; gang of squirrels steals the rest and runs away, laughing.

Twice, this happened, and that's just the occasions I know about. The squirrel you pictured if obviously a similar sort. Not cute, oh no...

Maurice said...

I grew up with squirrels.....they didn't raise me, but they were in our garden, many of them. They sometimes tried to come into the house but my mum shoed them out with a broom (How Tom and Jerry!)