Thursday, December 30, 2004

Tibetan Incense, Nepalese Music, Meet the Fockers and Crack Pizza

Wow.

Holiday traffic is totally insane. It seems like everyone has two weeks of for the holidays or something because there is an insane amount of cars on the road. Really too many cars for crowds of people hopped up on sugar and gift cards. The amazing thing is that I have been doing most of the driving around town and I have handled the congestion quite well I must admit. Except for the occasional "shit" and "JESUS!!" I have really remained calm as a "Hindu cow" (Quick!!! What movie is that line from? See bottom of post for the answer*). Anyway, I digress. I think that the added Seroquel has helped with handling the holiday mayhem.

Speaking of Hindu cows. We went to the Nepal-Tibet Import store in Old Town today. This is one of my favorite shops around. It is a tiny shop that is crowded with Buddhas, Hindu Gods, Tibetan/Nepalese/Indian clothing and is always rocking some sweet vibe music. Today we were going to pick up the essential incense: Amber and Frankencense but they were out of Frankencense. Instead we picked up some Jasmine, Lavender, Patchouli and Clove. Heard this mellow and mystical music playing in the shop while shopping around and I asked the guy about it. Well, the gist of it is that I ended up buying this c.d. and I love it. The group is "Trikaal" and the disc is called, "Past, Present and Future." If you like mellow Indian music then I would say check it out for sure.

After shopping we headed over to the movie theatre to watch, "Meet the Fockers." It was a great movie. I laughed my ass off from beginning to end. I was a little leary since I didn't much like the first one, "Meet the Parents" but this one was great. I think that Dustan Hoffman made this movie but Streisand and Robert DaNeiro were great as well. I'm glad too because we struck out on our first two movies: "Life Aquatic" and "Lemony Snickets." Snickets just didn't have much of a plot I thought but Jim Carrey stole the show as usual. If it wasn't for him this movie would have probably gone straight to video. It's too bad too because I had such high hopes for this one. I did like the dark style of the movie though. Kind of a Tim Burten feel to it and I just can't say enough about Tim Burton's style (Edward Scissorhands anyone? Plus, I can't wait for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory).

Anyway, the pizza is ticklin' my nostrils so I'm going to leave you all for now. Pepperonit and Salami from Papa Murphy's "Take and Bake." My new favorite pizza place. A quick description for those who haven't heard of this lovely establishment. You go and make your own pizza basically by telling them what you want on your pie and they make it up and then you go home and bake it. This is a lot cheaper and it tastes like heaven. I don't quite know why it tastes so damn good but i'm formulating a theory that they put crack in it. I don't really care much though. Crack, heroin, whatever. Bring it on.

*Fight Club.

---End of Transmission---

3 comments:

Kitten said...

I loved Lemony Snicket! I have read the books to my kids, and it did follow pretty well. An I am just a huge Tim Burton fan anyway....my god that boy has vision. Albeit, weird dark vision.

I saw the previews for Charlie and the Chocolate family, and while I adore chocolate, and would do Johnny Depp on the floor as soon as he walked thru the door (given the opportunity)...I dont think they can re-do this one. Gene Wilder IS WIllie Wonka....nuff said.

Have a Happy New Year , James!

Anonymous said...

Thank-you Kitten. I hope you have a very happy New Year as well. I agree with you on Gene Wilder. I am anxious about the new Charlie and the Chocolate Factory too. I worry it won't live up to the original.

james said...

Oops. That anonymous was me. :)