Friday, December 10, 2004

Plants

I wanted to talk a little about plants. I am just fascinated by these wonderous, green creatures. I am kind of like the "shepard of lost plants." I will take just about any unwanted plant into our home. I have taken a plant from my wife's bank that was dying but I am proud to say that it is alive and well amongst it's green friends here at the home base. I just took some cuttings from my sister of some neat little Ivy that apparently grows like mad and without much doing. Then, the other day my mother said she just can not keep up with the philodendron in her house so I volunteered to take it. Our house looks pretty much like a jungle and that is just the way we like it. It reminds me of the greenery of Africa and Hawaii for my wife. The more plants the merrier I say.

Plants are such simple yet complex creatures. They are silent but very much alive and full of life. I love to look at a leaf that is basking in sunshine and see the veins coarsing through it. Plants are often over looked by people but I see the entire universe in them. Plants help us breath and give us a peaceful environment to live in. So surround yourself with plants and I bet that you'll find that they will help you find more relaxation and calm.


---End of Transmission---

5 comments:

Kate said...

We can't MOVE for plants in our flat. My boyfriend is rather obsessed with them and has completely filled our tiny flat with green stuff. He also waters them with Miracle Grow at least monthly, just to ensure they properly take over.

Maybe it's a Colorado thing (he's from the Springs). Whatever, it's nice to have a bit of countryside inside even if I can't actually move about too easily ...

L.L.E. said...

i love plants. i have lots of them in my house. my mother's condo in hawaii is like a damn jungle. i brought back a plumeria stem from hawaii and i'm terribly worried that it's going to die this winter. i brought it indoors and i keep it under a flourescent light so that it gets enough light, but i dunno. it's not dying but it's growing came to a grinding halt. it's supposed to get lots of bright sunlight. i'm hoping that we get a good tax return this year so i can plant new rose bushes and stuff in my front yard. i also want to plant a vegetable garden. i'm horribly phobic of worms, but i kinda got over that this past spring when i finally started weeding! gloves are a wonderful invention, don't you think? :)~

L.L.E. said...

oh, have you ever stared at trees lining a river in the fall? beautiful. can't see that in hawaii. that's one thing to appreciate about south carolina, i guess.

L.L.E. said...

or looking down your street and seeing the array of green, orange, reddish-orange, yellow leaves on the trees...okay i'll shut up now. :)~~~~

mynym said...

A parable about some plants,





The Garden