Friday, December 31, 2004

2004: The Year in Review

Here we are at the end of 2004 so I have put together a list of some of the highlights (and low-lights) of the year. I have also included some of my "favorites" throughout 2004 to show how I lived and enjoyed the year.


Top 5 News Stories of 2004:
1). The Tsunami disaster in Asia
2). The Iraqi War (especially not finding any WMD's)
3). Ukraine election
4). The Olympics
5). "Election" of George W. Bush (the shock heard around the world).

Top 5 Movies:
1). I Heart Huckabees
2). Fahrenheit 911
3). Meet the Fockers
4). The Terminal
5). The Motorcycle Diaries

*Honorable mention: The Incredibles

Favorite Beer of 2004: Corona Light (w/ a lime wedge of course).

Favorite Mixed Drink of 2004: Tie between Vodka Tonic and 7&7

Favorite Dessert of 2004: Pistachio Almond (you must try this is you haven't).

Favorite Activity of 2004: Tie between painting and blogging.

Favorite Medication of 2004: Ativan. This stuff is AWESOME!! :)

Favorite Blog of 2004: This one has to go to, "Everything Is Wrong With Me."

Favorite Incense of 2004: Frankincense

Favorite Sports Moment of 2004: Hands down the Boston Red Sox winning the national title.

Favorite Political Moment of 2004: Sen. John Kerry mopping up the floor with GWB in the debates.

Worst Political Moment of 2004: Some 59 million Americans voting for Bush. Some of those votes I am still convinced were stolen via the infamous, "paperless" electronic voting machines.

Man of 2004: The U.S. military guy who challenged Defense Secretary Rumsfeld about not having adequate armor during a Q and A in Iraq. That took some serious nuggets.

Woman of 2004: ALL of the wonderful women in my life. You know who you are. I worship you all.

Athlete of 2004: Lance Armstrong for winning his recond 6th Tour de France in a row.

Heroes of 2004: John Kerry, Howard Dean, Dennis Kucinich, the U.S. military (and other militaries from around the world) still fighting in GWB's hoax of a war and Air America radio for battling the right-wing rhetoric.

Villians of 2004: George W. Bush, Donald Rumsfeld and Darth Cheney. Oops, I mean Dick Cheney. Hehe. Halliburton, the many and vast terrorist organizations and of course the great tsunami of 2004.

What scares me most about 2005?: Living another 4 years under W's thumb.

What am I looking forward to in 2005?: Making more memories with my friends.

Well, that about wraps up my review. I am going over to party with some friends for NYE tonight and I do mean party. Thus, I probably won't write again until sunday (do of course to the expectant NYE hang-over). Then again I might crawl into the captain's chair for a bit to rattle off some more non-sense if the sound of typing isn't too painfully loud. :) And so my friends we head off into another year. I am grateful to be alive for yet another unpredictable year. I wish you all a happy, healthy and prosperous new year.

I love you all.
Peace...
-james


---End of Transmission---


6 comments:

Alekx said...

yayyyy My goal in 2005 will be to worshiped on the list of women in your life.
shhhhhh I'm in my happy little dream world again
See you in the blog zone during 2005

L.L.E. said...

thank you ((((((((((((((((james))))))))))))))))))). btw, are those booty blogs that i see on your nav menu? ::shrieks::

Kitten said...

OK...I so can't comment here.

Must hold tongue......

Must Hold Tongue.......

Kitten said...

Sorry, I was overcome with political ravings for a sec, but I controled em..I forgot to add
Happy New Year, James!

xoxox
Have fun tonight!!

james said...

Yes, L.L.E those are booty blogs...hehe.

james said...

Kitten: Sorry about the political slant but I couldn't help it. Hehe.